Sunday, April 11, 2010

stupid.

guitar strums floating
chords that go unknown
in my mind
i replay the summer that
belonged to you and i
thunder clouds
stormy eyes
i look at you
with such demise
a simple phrase
left unsaid
worlds away
life is a magical, stupid, thing
and i am finally crumbling
under your gaze
God, i wish this was a phase
a fad i'm going through
because i swore
i would never
fall in love again
as you fall in step with me
our voices blend
in harmony
as we sing
some old words you wrote
on a summer day
doors slam
preachers preach
here i am
a disgruntled heap
waiting for a call that
never came
and instead was given a one-way
plane...
ticket punched
i take a seat
headed to a
place in my dreams
paris lights
beautiful fright
as you tap my shoulder
with a smile, you walk me
down that aisle
a simple phrase left unsaid
slips from your mouth
life a perfect day
life isn't so stupid anymore.
---
...
yeah.
-angie

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this :) I like the story. It's very much you (assuming this is original)

    Keep it up, Love.
    <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete